Thursday, January 16, 2014

Untreated mental illness and CIT police clash in Memphis earlier this week. #TreatmentBeforeTragedy

Earl Jones says the family has received help for his son's mental illness in the past, but his stay at any facility has been temporary. Keeping Glen on the proper medication is difficult. Earl says he believes officers need constant training on dealing with these situations."I'm praying and hoping that I can keep myself together, my mindset will be straight where I don't have no anger or nothing toward nobody," he said. Armstrong said Memphis' CIT program is a model for the nation.
Link to video and story:  
http://www.wmctv.com/story/24439667/police-officer-stabbed-by-mental-consumer?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9729769



No comments:

Post a Comment